The Services is a subscription based educational service to the individual user or teams of individual users that allows studying interactive multimedia courseware and educational and training resources online.
2. SUBSCRIPTION FEES
Our Services are billed on a subscription basis (hereinafter Subscription) in advance for the period you select. Billing cycles are typically monthly, six monthly or annual, depending on what subscription plan you select when purchasing a Subscription. Your Subscription will NOT be renewed at the end of each billing cycle.
3. USER LICENSE
You are granted a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-assignable, and non-transferable license to access and use the Service for non-commercial, personal use only. You may not adapt, download, revise, broadcast, reverse engineer, duplicate, publish, modify, disseminate, display, perform, transfer, or otherwise distribute any content or other material on the Service, unless specifically authorized by
VALUE-ADDED TAX (VAT)
Hypermedia Interactive will not charge VAT if you provide us with a VAT number issued by a taxing authority in the European Union, are purchasing the Services from Hypermedia Interactive in Europe for business reasons, and are located in a different European Union member state from Hypermedia Interactive.
Hypermedia Interactive reserves the right to recharge VAT to you if your VAT number is incorrect or not registered to your business. You may register your VAT number during the purchasing process.
Starting from January 1st 2015, European Union (EU) residents are charged the VAT rate prevalent in their country of residence. It is your responsibility to make sure that you provide the correct billing address during the purchasing process.
5. PRICE CHANGES
Hypermedia Interactive may change the fees charged for the Services at any time, provided that the change will become effective only at the end of the then-current billing cycle of your Subscription.
Hypermedia Interactive will provide you with reasonable prior notice of any change in Subscription fees to give you an opportunity to cancel your Subscription before the change becomes effective.
To create an account you must complete the registration form with the following details:
• Full name
• Confirm Password
Upon completing the above information, you will receive an email confirmation and instructions for activating your personal account.
7. USER OBLIGATIONS
You are responsible for:
- Choosing a service/product and its suitability for your purposes.
- Entering your email address correctly during the order process so you can have access to all services including correct contact information which may be required by us at any stage of processing of your order if necessary.
- Managing user invitations in the member section area “Manage Invitation”.
- Providing the correct billing information on the member section “Payment” page.
8. CHANGES AND UPDATES
9. THIRD PARTY RESOURCES
Hypermedia Interactive may publish links in its Services to internet websites maintained by third parties. Hypermedia Interactive does not represent that it has reviewed such third party websites and is not responsible for them or any content appearing on them. Trademarks displayed in conjunction with the Services are the property of their respective owners.
10. CANCELLATION POLICY
If you terminate a Subscription in the middle of a billing cycle, you will not receive a refund for any period of time you did not use in that billing cycle unless you are terminating these Terms for any of the following reasons: (a) we have materially breached these Terms and failed to cure that breach within 30 days after you have so notified us in writing; or (b) a refund is required by law.
European Union Subscription Cancellation Policy
If you are a consumer who has signed up for a new subscription and are located in one of the countries listed below, you have a right to cancel your subscription within 14 calendar days.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
How to Exercise this Right
You must exercise this right of cancellation by sending a written notice of cancellation to email@example.com or contacting Hypermedia Interactive Services Ltd in writing at 3 Roupel Street, 1105 Nicosia, Cyprus and providing the following details:
• Your account username
• Your country (and proof eg utility bill)
• That you want to cancel your subscription under this cancellation policy
By Hypermedia Interactive
Hypermedia Interactive may terminate for any reason your Subscription at the end of a billing cycle by providing at least 30 days prior written notice to you.
Hypermedia Interactive may terminate your Subscription for any reason within a billing cycle by providing at least 30 days written notice to you and will provide a pro rata refund for any period of time you did not use in that billing cycle.
Hypermedia Interactive may suspend performance or terminate your Subscription for any of the following reasons: (a) you have materially breached these Terms and failed to cure that breach within 15 days after Hypermedia Interactive has so notified you in writing.
Hypermedia Interactive is a unique and exclusive holder of all copyrights of the Services, Content and Structure of the Services except where expressly excluded.
Information we may collect from you
When you use the Services we collect the following information:
- Information you provide when you register including your name and email address. You may also choose to provide some other optional information about you.
- Information you provide to create a user profile. Some of the information is voluntary.
- Information you provide when you subscribe to our Services including information necessary to process your orders with the relevant payment merchant which may include the amount of any transaction, but will not include your financial information which will only be submitted directly to the payment merchant by you under secure protocols.
- Information you provide when you request information or support from us relating to your use of our Services.
- Information relating to your use of our Services including, but not limited to, information about when and how you use the Services and data traffic.
- Log files and statistics in relation to actions taken on our websites.
How we use your information
We may use the information that you provide to us or that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the Services or Products that you request from us.
- Profile visibility: We may display some of your basic profile information (like your name and profile picture) when you use the Services (leaderboard, scoreboard and badge badgeboard).
- Business team names may be visible to users on the same company or organisation’s custom short URLs.
- Provide you with information about other products and services that may be of interest to you and about offers and promotions, where you have opted in to receive such information.
- Monitor, improve, or modify the Services.
Changes to this Policy
This contract in no way covers the relationship between the visitor / registered user / member of the Website and any legal and natural entities and / or services not subject to review and / or that are not under its control or ownership.
The management and protection of personal data of the visitor / user of the Services is subject to the present terms of this section and the relevant provisions of Cypriot Law and the Law N.138 (I) / 2001.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
We use "cookies" and similar technologies on our Websites for the following reasons:
- To make our site easier to use. If you use the “Remember me” feature when you sign into your account, we may store your username in a cookie to make it quicker for you to sign in whenever you return to our Websites.
- To provide you with personalized content. We may store user preferences, such as your default language, in cookies to personalize the content you see.
- Google Analytics. In addition to the above, we have implemented on our Websites and other services certain Google Analytics features. If you do not wish to participate in Google Analytics, you may also download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
This Website is protected by Comodo SSL Certificate which provides 256 bit encryption of customer data guaranteeing the highest possible encryption for online transactions. Therefore, all data you input (e.g. name and contact details) are protected by 256-bit encryption, the highest possible encryption available today.
15. FORCE MAJEURE
The Website is not responsible for delays in fulfilling orders (including delivery) due to circumstances not attributable to its fault or due to force majeure and shall be entitled to extend the time for execution of orders.
Hypermedia Interactive assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Website, including any forms made available on the Website, any failures, delays or interruptions in the delivery of any content contained on the Website, or any losses or damages arising from the use of the content provided by the Website or from any viruses or other malicious code that may be transmitted through such use. Hypermedia Interactive is not responsible for any third party products or services offered on the Website, if any.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THESE TERMS AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND HYPERMEDIA INTERACTIVE DOES NOT MAKE WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY
REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING AVAILABILITY, RELIABILITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE SERVICES.
17. THIRD PARTY SITES
18. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Websites are not responsible for direct or indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may result from the inability to use the Website as well as any errors, interruptions, defects or delays in the operation of the Website to transmit information through the Internet.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF EACH OF HYPERMEDIA INTERACTIVE, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, AND LICENSORS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES AND THESE TERMS WILL NOT EXCEED THE LESSER OF: (A)THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO HYPERMEDIA INTERACTIVE FOR USE OF THE SERVICES AT ISSUE DURING THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY; AND (B) EUROS 200.00.
If you are a business, you will indemnify and hold harmless Hypermedia Interactive and its affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from all liabilities, damages, and costs (including settlement costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of a third party claim regarding or in connection with your or your end users’ use of the Services or breach of these Terms, to the extent that such liabilities, damages and costs were caused by you or your end users.
19. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
20. CONTRACTING ENTITY
Unless otherwise specified in relation to a particular Service, the Services are provided by, and you are contracting with, Hypermedia Interactive Services Ltd.
References to “Hypermedia Interactive”, “we”, “us”, and “our” are references to Hypermedia Interactive Services Ltd, located at 3, Roupel Street, 1105, Nicosia, Cyprus.
Hypermedia Interactive Services Ltd is registered company in Cyprus no. HE 331585.